Today my mind keeps flicking back and forth from left side to right side. From technology to mind and body. From boredom to inspiration. From work to relaxation. It's only 10 am and I'm exhausted! Infertility drugs or yoga? Stay in PJs and read or help my old boss with the product launch? More sex or less sex? I know...Some people have real problems.
While learning how to blog and tweet has been fun, I'm ready for something more meaty. Maybe if I had 1000 followers I might be more motivated but instead there are NINE of you. Yes. That's right. Nine balloons, not Ninety-Nine fans out there. Hello? Hello? Anyone? I figure the least I can do is dig up some research for the nine of us to chew on.
Boom. There it goes - brain catapulted into Tech: I need to call Dan in Tech because for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set up "subscribe" to my blog and then there are all these tags I can supposedly add to help me pop up the food chain in Google. Not my thing.
Bang. Back to the right. Should stop blogging, go to yoga and see if the little fish from Greg will make it to beach today if I do enough downward dog. Also thinking that if I volunteer I might stay calm and help others.
Boom. Just read the MGH website and they are testing fertility on monkeys and mice. Turns out those of us who cannot get pregnant, and don't know why, can blame toxins called PAHs (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) which are toxic chemicals present at high abundance in the environment and in cigarette smoking and activate the death of oocytes and early ovarian failure. Maybe I should go volunteer with Green peace. Bloody toxin spreaders. http://www2.massgeneral.org/vcrb/vcrb_currentresearch.htm
On the same site the Mass General Hospital site talks about the Vincent Fertility Department preaching the merits of holistic, mind-body approach to fertility management. Free workshops, energy clearing, helping couples heal, meditate and visualize to promote fertility and healing ....let's just call it ISSUES you are still harboring. Terms like "supportive, safe environment", "exploring", and "fertility journey" are ubiquitous on this site. Sounds like an ashram. http://www2.massgeneral.org/vincent/fertility_mindbody.htm
Lane says we just get old and our eggs are old and if you want to get pregnant...start before you're 30. Good old Lane - our Domestic Diva.
OMG. I think I need to go back to work part-time. Three weeks in and I'm already dying for something meaty. It's pathetic. If you're out there and have advice, send it over! Sissy says I should just meet her for lunch. She's been very secretive lately so I might just have to do that. I wonder if she's found a new man. No? Maybe? No? Yes? You see, BANG. it's that kind of day.
No comments:
Post a Comment